During the season of Advent, we look back and we look forward. Here on the blog, let’s look back a moment. Here are the 3 most popular posts of 2019, in case you missed them (or in case you need a moment of quiet reading in the midst of a busy holiday season):
- 3 Tips for Mentoring Refugee Families
- Evaluating Your Welcoming Ministry
- Review: The Ministry of Ordinary Places (By the way, since this review, I have subscribed to Shannan Martin’s email newsletter, and when it arrives in my inbox, I sit down and read it immediately. I think she is writing some of the truest words about the pain and beauty of messy, relational ministry. Do yourself a favor and subscribe to her newsletter here.)
Looking forward to Christmas and 2020, here are a few links you may enjoy:
- Review: When You Can’t Go Home (a gorgeous gift book, 50% of the proceeds go to help World Relief)
- 30 ideas for welcoming refugees during the holidays from Tabitha McDuffee at Faith and Forced Migration Blog (by the way, these ideas apply to immigrants in general, not just refugees). Also check out her follow-up post for a few more tips.
- MA in Global Migration Studies, entirely online? Yes, please. Get more education to be even more effective in welcoming ministry in 2020 and beyond!
Here’s to a new year, friends. I am praying for you. Here’s a benediction drawn from Hebrews 13 to close the year and begin a new decade of Jesus-following welcome. Onward!